At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority.
We will equip our children to be well-rounded individuals who are confident in an ever-changing world. Together, we will be curious learners who can contribute fully
We believe that learning is at its most powerful when it nurtures curious minds, fosters independence and provides opportunities for every child to be the best that they can be. We will aim high, striving for everyone to achieve more than they thought possible. Children,
At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School – the staff, pupils, parents and governors agreed upon the following core values:
- Positive Attitude
In the spirit of inclusion, we will learn with our children so that they:
- feel happy, safe, enjoy learning and are proud of their own achievements and those of others.
- are inspired by learning and understand its potential.
- achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum.
- understand and accept difference, developing an awareness of (and respect for) our diverse and changing world.
- develop as motivated, independent and collaborative learners who can adapt to new challenges.
- appreciate and make valuable contributions to the local community and to the wider world.
- become successful learners, confident
individualsand responsible, caring citizens.
To achieve these aims we will provide:
- a safe, healthy learning environment.
- support for learners of all abilities.
- a caring, nurturing ethos and a positive atmosphere that enables all learners to flourish.
- memorable, fun and inspiring learning opportunities that cater
forindividual learning styles.
- a professional, highly motivated and skilled staff team with a commitment to their own learning and to the ethos and aims of the school.
- a commitment to celebrate diversity across the local, national and global community.
high qualityteaching and learning within a rich, relevant, inclusive curriculum.
- opportunities to explore the local and wider community.
- a diverse range of extra-curricular opportunities.
- a school leadership focused on continuous improvement.
- opportunities for children to influence decisions in the school community.
- a strong commitment to working with parents as partners.