At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority.
Please click on the BLOG link below to view photos and read reports of recent FOBs events
Friends of Bishop's Waltham Junior School (FoBS)
- FOBS is the Bishop's Waltham Junior School Parent Teacher Association.
- All parents with children attending at BWJS automatically become members of FOBS.
- The FOBS Committee is elected annually at the Autumn AGM.
- We also have a list of regular FOBS helpers who, although not on the committee, help out at the events we run.
Who are FOBS?
FOBS is run by a committee of volunteer parents, as well as a teacher representative and our Headteacher.
Many hours of organisation goes
What do FOBS do?
Our main role is to fundraise in order to enhance the provision and educational experience for all pupils.
As per our
- Develop more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others attending it.
- Engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending it.
- Provide and assist in the provision of such facilities or items for education at the school (not provided by statutory funds) as the Committee in consultation with the Governing Body shall from time to time determine.
We fundraise each year by running events such as a Fireworks Night, a Christmas Fayre, Community Film Nights, Quiz Night, Ice-Cream Fridays, Summer BBQ, School Disco and other family and community social events.
We aim to use any money we raise within the school year so all children who attend BWJS benefit from the money raised.
Money we have raised in recent times has been used to fund after school sports clubs, purchase computers for the children, painting playground markings, purchasing Year 6 keepsake boxes, replanting and repairing the school vegetable and flower garden, £1000 worth of library books, badges for WorldClass and Great Plant Hunt clubs, purchasing digital cameras for each year groups, set, helping with the school pool refurbishment, purchasing class sets of reading books - and lots more.
This year's Committee:
Alison Trott (Chair), Leanne Prince(Treasurer), Helen Knox (Secretary).
Shelly Arnold , Micky Pavey, Helen White, Quita Walker, Darren Campbell , Em Bottomley
A big THANK YOU to the school community and BW community who support our events. Each year we raise a significant amount to support BWJS and we couldn't do it without the help of the parents, teachers, governors, FOBS committee and FOBS helpers and the BW community - THANK YOU all!
If you would like to become part of our friendly team, however infrequently, please message our secretary Helen Knox - email@example.com Thank you!
Copies of our newsletter, updates, minutes and other FOBS information are made available on the school website.
We also have our own blog which you can find by clicking here!