At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority.
Reporting a concern
If you become concerned about the welfare of a child in the school, please contact the school's Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - 01489 892368
- Mr Darren Campbell (Designated Safeguarding Lead) Mrs Katherine Daniels (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- The nominated safeguarding and child protection governor for the school is Mrs Helen Chesterfield
Concerned about someone working with children?
If you have a concern about a member of staff working with children or about how the school manages child protection issues - please contact the Local Area Designated Officer (LADO) on 01962 876364
Worried about yourself, a friend or a child or young person you know?
- Anyone who has concerns about a child's welfare can make a referral to Children's social care. Referrals can come from the child themselves, professionals such as teachers, the police, GPs and health visitors as well as family members and members of the public.
- For children living in the Hampshire Local Authority Area, the Interagency Referral Form should be used when making a referral. The Hampshire Safeguarding Children Board and Children’s Trust Thresholds Chart can help you to identify the risks and types of services a family may need.
- You do not need to know everything about the child before contacting Children’s Services. If you are concerned, it is important that you talk to someone about this.
- More information on how to make a referral can be found on the 4LSCB procedures website.
In an emergency, call 999.
Hampshire Children’s Services
Public phone number: 0300 555 1384