At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the school admissions process, please feel free to contact Mrs Josie Triggs (School Office) on 01489 892368
Admissions Policy 2020-2021 (Used for your future main round intake)
Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (To be used for Sept 2021 admissions)
- This policy will be used during 2019/20 for allocating places in the main admission round for entry to Year 3 in September 2020. It will also apply to in-year admissions during 2019/2020
- Hampshire County Council is the admission authority for Bishop's Waltham Junior School. The admission arrangements are determined by the County Council, after statutory consultations.
- The published admission number (PAN) for Bishop's Waltham Junior School for 2019-2020/2020-2021 is 90. The County Council will consider first all those applications received by the published deadline of midnight on Wednesday 15 January 2020.
- Notifications to parents offering a primary or infant school place will be sent by the County Council on 16 April 2020.
- Applications made after midnight on 15 January 2020 will be considered after all on-time applications have been fully processed unless exceptional circumstances merit consideration alongside on-time applications.
- For the normal admission round, all on time preferences will be considered simultaneously and ranked in accordance with the admission criteria. If more than one school can offer a place, the parent’s highest stated available preference will be allocated.
Applying for a place at Bishop's Waltham Junior School:
- If you are considering applying for a place at Bishop's Waltham Junior School you may find some of the information on this page useful in making your mind up. If you need any further assistance, please contact the school or the Admissions Team.
- To apply online for a place in Year 3 in September 2020, please use our online form.
- (Please phone the school on 01489 892368 to enquire about availability of school places)
- Parents who need to make a school application for their child to start immediately (within the next four weeks), should apply using the following link. Applications for an In Year school place starting in September can also be made using the online system. You may also wish to refer to our guidance about in-year admissions and information about types of school in Hampshire, the school's age range and status.
Year Group Check:
- If you do not know which year group your child would usually be admitted to, please check by using their date of birth.