At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority.
- At Bishop’s Waltham Junior School we believe that the wearing of a school uniform encourages pride in the school, helps children to feel they belong to the school community and makes them look ready to work.
- We expect all children to wear the correct school uniform and ask parents/carers to support us in ensuring that children come to school dressed appropriately.
School uniform should be selected from the following items:
Grey or black school trousers or shorts.
Grey skirt or pinafore dress.
Red gingham dress
Red sweatshirt or cardigan (school logo optional.)
White or grey shirts.
White or red polo shirt (school logo optional).
Black or brown ‘school’ shoes. Sports trainers are not appropriate.
PE and Sports clothing
Pupils are to come into school wearing PE kits on days they have games/gymnastics (PE lessons)
School team colour T shirt with school logo.
Track Suit or sports sweat shirt (very important in the winter).
Trainers or gym shoes.
Swimming hat (compulsory).
Hair & Nails
At BWJS, we fully appreciate that hair styles/fashion has changed significantly in recent years.
It will be down to the discretion of the parents as to what they deem 'appropriate' for their child. All we ask is that you aim for a 'neat & tidy look' to complement the high standards we have of uniform presentation.
We would however ask that:
- All long hair is tied back
- Hair slides and bands are to be as discreet as possible - and should be of school colour (red/black/grey or white)
Jewellery, Make-up & nails
- No other wrist wear allowed other than a watch.
- Earrings: A small single stud is allowed – in one or both ear lobes.
- No necklaces, chains/beads etc. (medical bracelets accepted)
- No make-up should be worn other than for medical reasons.
- Nails must be short (no longer than the top of fingers) and clean. False nails, polish or treatments that leave a visible coating on the nail are not permitted.
- All pupils are expected to have clean, short fingernails with no artificial or nail products. This removes the risk of harbouring microorganisms which are not easily removed during normal hand hygiene.
Thank you for your support.
Our School Uniform (including pricing, ordering and delivery) is available directly from Skoolkit.
Click on the link to find our school.
Uniform can also be bought in store from:
Skoolkit, 149 West Street, Fareham, PO16 0YA